The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced today its Final 2009-2010 Weekly Top 20 rankings in conjunction with NHL Central Scouting. Last week’s rankings and the leagues in which the teams belong to are in parenthesis.
The CJHL Final Weekly Top 20 as of Monday, February 22, 2010:
1. (1) Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL)
2. (2) Vernon Vipers (BCHL)
3. (3) Penticton Vees (BCHL)
4. (4) Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL)
5. (6) Dauphin Kings (MJHL)
6. (7) Grande Prairie Storm (AJHL)
7. (5) Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL)
8. (8) Brockville Braves (CJHL)
9. (9) Pembroke Lumber Kings (CJHL)
10. (10) Oakville Blades (OJAHL)
11. (11) Woodstock Slammers (MJAHL)
12. (12) Georgetown Raiders (OJAHL)
13. (13) Fort William North Stars (SIJHL)
14. (15) Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL)
15. (14) Westside Warriors (BCHL)
16. (16) Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL)
17. (NR) Okotoks Oilers (AJHL)
18. (18) Burlington Cougars (CCHL)
19. (19) Abitibi Eskimos (NOJHL)
20. (20) Les Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ)
Honorable mention goes to the Powell River Kings (BCHL), Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL), Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL), Battlefords North Stars (SJHL), and Truro Bearcats (MJAHL).
The rankings are based upon a variety of factors which includes the league in which the teams belong to, their winning percentage, their win-loss record, total points accumulated, their goals-for versus goals-against ratio, amongst other factors.
The CJHL is an amalgamation of eleven Junior A hockey leagues from across Canada.