Zehr improved at the midpoint of last season just enough for Central Scouting to rank him to go in the middle of the first round. By fortune for the Islanders, this future power forward, who has been compared to Brenden Shanahan, was available early in the second round. Last season he played 57 games, 27 goals, 32 assists, totaling 59 points and 196 penalty minutes. He is a big guy at 6’3″, 195 lbs. Some observers have justified the Islanders decision to select a goaltender and a defenceman because of the selection of such a highly touted power forward. Most scouts feel that he has the talent to play on top lines, but he has to harness his talent. If he is unable to complete that feat, he might only be a third line checking forward.
- DD's Auction Game 2.0 (PLEASE READ FULL OP)
- GDT: WCSF | Game 3 | 5/18 | Kings @ Sharks | 9PM ET | RDS, TSN, NBCSN
- Blue Jays Discussion: Turning the corner maybe? possibly? we hope?
- Bring your Pitchforks and Torches it's time for Yeo to Go!!! UPD: Nope
- Great hockey logos/uniforms from outside the NHL
- Official 2013 Memorial Cup Thread - Saskatoon, SK - May 17th-26th, 2013