The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced today its Weekly Top 20 rankings in conjunction with NHL Central Scouting. Last week’s rankings and the leagues in which the teams belong to are in parenthesis.
The CJHL Weekly Top 20 as of Monday, October 25, 2010:
1. (1) Humboldt Broncos (SJHL)
2. (2) Wellington Dukes (OJHL)
3. (4) Pembroke Lumber Kings (CJHL)
4. (12) Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL)
5. (7) Brockville Braves (CJHL)
6. (6) Woodstock Slammers (MHL)
7. (10) Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL)
8. (9) Markham Waxers (OJHL)
9. (11) Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL)
10. (HM) Powell River Kings (BCHL)
11. (3) Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL)
12. (13) Newmarket Hurricanes (OJHL)
13. (5) Penticton Vees (BCHL)
14. (8) Langley Chiefs (BCHL)
15. (14) Swan Valley Stampeders (MJHL)
16. (17) Selkirk Steelers (MJHL)
17. (NR) Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL)
18. (19) Cornwall Colts (CJHL)
19. (18) Georgetown Raiders (OJHL)
20. (20) Les Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ)
Honorable mention goes to the Okotoks Oilers (AJHL), Melfort Mustangs (SJHL), Portage Terriers (MJHL), Wisconsin Wilderness (SIJHL), and the Soo Eagles (NOJHL).
The rankings are based upon a variety of factors which includes the league in which the teams belong to, their winning percentage, their win-loss record, total points accumulated, their goals-for versus goals-against ratio, amongst other factors.
The CJHL is an amalgamation of the ten Junior A hockey leagues from across Canada.