The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced today its Weekly Top 20 rankings in conjunction with NHL Central Scouting. Last week’s rankings and the leagues in which the teams belong to are in parenthesis.
The CJHL Weekly Top 20 as of Monday, November 8, 2010:
1. (7) Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL)
2. (5) Markham Waxers (OJHL)
3. (3) Brockville Braves (CJHL)
4. (10) Powell River Kings (BCHL)
5. (4) Woodstock Slammers (MHL)
6. (2) Wellington Dukes (OJHL)
7. (1) Humboldt Broncos (SJHL)
8. (6) Pembroke Lumber Kings (CJHL)
9. (12) Newmarket Hurricanes (OJHL)
10. (9) Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL)
11. (8) Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL)
12. (15) Georgetown Raiders (OJHL)
13. (11) Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL)
14. (13) Swan Valley Stampeders (MJHL)
15. (NR) Neepawa Natives (MJHL)
16. (20) Cornwall Colts (CJHL)
17. (HM) Wisconsin Wilderness (SIJHL)
18. (17) Penticton Vees (BCHL)
19. (14) Selkirk Steelers (MJHL)
20. (19) Les Cougars de Sherbrooke (LHJAAAQ)
Honorable mention goes to the Trail Smoke Eaters (BCHL), Okotoks Oilers (AJHL), Estevan Bruins (SJHL), Fort Frances Lakers (SJHL), and the Cobourg Cougars (OJHL).
The rankings are based upon a variety of factors which includes the league in which the teams belong to, their winning percentage, their win-loss record, total points accumulated, their goals-for versus goals-against ratio, amongst other factors.
The CJHL is an amalgamation of the ten Junior A hockey leagues from across Canada.