The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced today its Final 2010-2011 Weekly Top 20 Rankings in conjunction with NHL Central Scouting. Last week's rankings and the leagues in which the teams belong to are in parenthesis.
The CJHL Final Weekly Top 20 as of Monday, February 28, 2011:
1. (1) Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL)
2. (2) Powell River Kings (BCHL)
3. (4) Okotoks Oilers (AJHL)
4. (7) Pembroke Lumber Kings (CCHL)
5. (5) Newmarket Hurricanes (OJHL)
6. (3) Cornwall Colts (CCHL)
7. (6) Wellington Dukes (OJHL)
8. (8) Burlington Cougars (OJHL)
9. (9) Vernon Vipers (BCHL)
10. (10) Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL)
11. (11) La Ronge Ice Wolves (SJHL)
12. (12) Portage Terriers (MJHL)
13. (15) Wisconsin Wilderness (SIJHL)
14. (13) Woodstock Slammers (MHL)
15. (14) Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL)
16. (16) Oakville Blades (OJHL)
17. (18) Brockville Braves (CCHL)
18. (HM) Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL)
19. (19) Penticton Vees (BCHL)
20. (20) Les Cougars du College Champlain – Sherbrooke (LHJAAAQ)
Honorable mention goes to the Yorkton Terriers (SJHL), Kindersley Klippers (SJHL), Winkler Flyers (MJHL), Soo Eagles (NOJHL), and the Summerside Western Capitals (MHL). Best wishes to all CJHL teams in their respective playoffs on the road to the 2011 RBC Cup in Camrose, Alberta.
The rankings are based upon a variety of factors which includes the league in which the teams belong to, their winning percentage, their win-loss record, total points accumulated, their goals-for versus goals-against ratio, amongst other factors.
The CJHL is an amalgamation of the ten Junior A hockey leagues from across Canada.