The Canadian Junior Hockey League today announced its Weekly Top 20 rankings. Last week's rankings and the leagues in which the teams belong to are in parenthesis. The weekly rankings are selected in consultation with NHL Central Scouting and are proudly presented by PlayingUpHockey.com:
1. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (1)
2. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (3)
3. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (2)
4. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (5)
5. Nepean Raiders (CCHL) (7)
6. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (4)
7. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (6)
8. Wisconsin Wilderness (SIJHL) (9)
9. Dauphin Kings (MJHL) (8)
10. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (11)
11. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (15)
12. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (12)
13. Newmarket Hurricanes (OJHL) (10)
14. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (17)
15. Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL) (14)
16. Wellington Dukes (OJHL) (13)
17. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (HM)
18. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (HM)
19. Cowichan Valley Capitals (BCHL) (18)
20. Les Cougars du College Champlain – Sherbrooke (LHJAAAQ) (20)
Honourable Mention: Surrey Eagles (BCHL), Soo Eagles (NOJHL), Sudbury Cubs (NOJHL), St. Michael's Buzzers (OJHL), Brockville Braves (CCHL).
Seasons Greetings to everyone, and best wishes for a wonderful New Year… PlayingUpHockey.com Top 20 Rankings will return on Monday January 9, 2012.
Weekly rankings are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the teams play, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.
The CJHL is comprised of the ten Junior A hockey leagues across Canada.
PlayingUpHockey.com is the premiere social network website specifically designed for hockey players, scouts, coaches, fans and advertisers. PlayingUpHockey.com allows players to create free personal profiles to promote their accomplishments and get noticed by scouts and coaches at upper levels. Just as importantly, our site fosters player and parent learning and knowledge about what it takes to successfully be recruited and simply, "play up". Visit PlayingUpHockey.com today.