The Islanders recently had three players named to the AHL All-Star Game, although only one player was able to represent the Lowell team. Defenseman Zdeno Chara and Ray Giroux were slated to appear at the All-Star Game but niether was able to participate. Zdeno has emerged as a solid blueliner for the Islanders and was not released to compete in the All-Satr festivities. Zdeno was named an All-Star despite appearing in only 23 games during which he registered two goals and four points, but was a fan favorite. Rookie defenseman Ray Giroux has blossomed as a capable defenseman but suffered a broken wrist prior to the All-Star weekend. Prior to his injury Giroux was one of the hottest players in the AHL as he was named December’s Rookie of the month with 10 points in 11 games to lead the Lock Monsters. That left only left winger Sean Haggerty to compete for Lowell. Sean demonstrated his speed and puck handling abilities by winning the puck relay at the skills competition. Another Islanders’ prospect that has flourished as of late is Adam Edinger. He is the hottest player in the CCHA and has taken over the scroring lead on the strength of a recent hot streak, with at least a point in 14 of his last 16 games. Should Adam continue his current tear lokk for him to challenge for the Hobey Baker Award.
- Series where you thought the turning point had occurred...
- GDT: #12 – Sabres at Penguins – Sat Nov 1, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, SN1 – WGR
- GDT: Los Angeles Kings at Carolina Hurricanes — November 2, 2014, 2:00 p.m. (PST)
- Can NJD make it to the playoffs?
- What if the NHL embraced the future of sports gambling, similar to Adam Silvers take?
- GDT: Jets @ Rangers Oct 31st 2014 - 6pm Central Time