News & Features
Ever since Jarmo Kekalainen took the helm in 2013, the Columbus Blue Jackets have been pointed in a positive direction. Heading into the 2015 NHL Draft, the club had spent a number of selections on forwards, boasting an enviable group of high-caliber, quality scorers. The major question heading into the draft was what the team would do to bolster the blueline. Read more »
The Arizona Coyotes have been engaged in a legal squabble with the city of Glendale over arena issues, but for the 2015 NHL Draft weekend, General Manager Don Maloney and company were able to put those business headaches aside in favor of adding to one of the deepest prospect groups in the NHL. Read more »
After one of the worst franchise finishes in recent memory, the San Jose Sharks went into the 2015 NHL Draft with their highest selection since 2009. This was a big draft for the organization not only because of the quality of the 9th overall pick in this highly-touted draft class, but because of the sheer abundance of picks the team had to try and turn their tides of fortune around.
Sweden once again proved to be the hottest European commodity at the NHL Draft. This is a trend that began in 2011, when Sweden saw an outstanding and record-setting 28 players taken, eight more than the year before. In 2012, another 22 were selected. In 2013, that number increased slightly, seeing another 25 Swedes taken. Then it 2014, it became 31, 28 of whom were Swedish-born. Read more »
Top Prospects: Leagues
- 1. Nick Wolff
Top Prospects: Countries
- 2. Tomas Havlin
- How likely is the departure of Dinamo Rīga from KHL in the next few years?
- Proposal: Trouba for Hanifin
- NFL Preseason: Cincinnati Bengals @ Jacksonville Jaguars | 8/28/16 | 8PM ET
- NFL Preseason: Arizona Cardinals @ Houston Texans | 8/28/16 | 4:25PM ET
- NFL Preseason: San Diego Chargers @ Minnesota Vikings | 8/28/16 | 1PM ET
- What if the Rangers Do Not Make Another Significant Preseason Trade