News & Features
Coach Ernest Bokros has been double-shifting this winter as the U20 and U18 Slovakia national team coach, but he’ll only be bringing one player to the upcoming U18 who was also with him at the WJC, namely forward Martin Reway. And that’s only if Reway is healthy enough to go. What he’ll also be bringing along with him are three of the five oldest players at the tournament as well as the tournament’s youngest participant.
In the past two years, Germany has managed to ice a U18 tournament entry that has competed strongly in finishing a solid sixth on both occasions. Along the way, the team was able to grab the odd unexpected point or push a favorite to the brink of defeat, for example, when it beat Russia 4-2 in 2012 or in its 5-4 and 4-3 losses to Russia and Canada respectively in 2011.
Canadian national team coach Don Hay is heading to Sochi as a man with a great deal of experience ranging from the NHL (Calgary and Phoenix) right on down to over 20 years of experience in Canadian juniors, having won the Memorial Cup on three separate occasions. Now it’ll be his duty to quickly turn an extremely talented group of young men into a championship caliber team.
Top Prospects: Leagues
- 2. Scott Oke
- 2. Adam Johnson
Top Prospects: Countries
- Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2013-2014 (Part VI)
- Other Chicago and General Sports Thread XXII - Hey, at least the Hawks are good
- Travis Moen appreciation thread (Congrats on the beautiful baby Trav'!)
- Player Discussion: Evander Kane
- Just had Cream Cheese on a Bagel
- Injury Report: Canucks Injury Thread - Dec. 5: Burrows out 4 weeks, Edler out indefinitely