News & Features
The name Yale typically brings to mind students in argyle sweaters walking to class on paved walkways with a spiral notebook in hand. Alumni of the university have gone on to be U.S. Presidents, Supreme Court Justices and Academy Award winning actors. Samuel Morse and Eli Whitney call it their alma mater. Sinclair Lewis and Tom Wolfe do, as well.
Canada’s national game is, in fact, lacrosse. And that sport’s loss has been a huge gain for the Great White North’s unofficial game as Ottawa 67’s captain Sean Monahan has taken the lessons learned from the field and parlayed them into a potential top-10 selection at the upcoming 2013 NHL Draft.
How often does one hear about a draft prospect whose dad was a pro hockey player and now that kid, who hasn't turned 18 yet, is looking to make his career bigger than his father's career and in fact looks like he might pull it off? Several names could come to mind, with Canadians' Griffin Reinhart or Max Domi being two recent examples of talented, young players following in the footsteps of well-known fathers that are now NHL alumni.
Top Prospects: Leagues
- 2. Scott Oke
- 2. Adam Johnson
Top Prospects: Countries
- The Changing Zeitgeist With Respect to Fighting
- Useless Thread M: aple Syrup
- Post Game Talk: Devils blow lead late and lose to Habs in Shootout (Same Movie)
- Funniest/craziest things you have personally witnessed
- GDT: Oh Captain, My Captain! Coyotes at Flames: December 4
- PGT: MTL wins 4-3 in OT versus NJD