News & Features
While the WHL didn’t get to boast of having the first overall pick at this year's NHL Draft, there was a heavy dose of WHL talent drafted in the first round. Five of the six WHL-bred first round picks were defensemen, and they were snapped up in a hurry. Of those six first round picks this year, five were selected within the top eight selections.
While the 2012 NHL Draft was far quieter for the Philadelphia Flyers than previous ones, the organization still got the job done. Though no major trades occurred, General Manager Paul Holmgren addressed his prospect pool perfectly. The organization went with the best available in the first round, answered some goaltending concerns in the second, and eventually secured some defensive depth to compete with current prospects.
The Ottawa Senators came into the 2012 NHL Draft looking to add a puck-moving defensemen and some additional long-term talent between the pipes. Ottawa has to be pleased with their haul, coming away with three offensive-minded defensemen, two CHL goaltenders with considerable upside, and a couple of skilled forwards.
Top Prospects: Leagues
- 2. Scott Oke
- 2. Adam Johnson
Top Prospects: Countries
- Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2013-2014 (Part VI)
- Other Chicago and General Sports Thread XXII - Hey, at least the Hawks are good
- Travis Moen appreciation thread (Congrats on the beautiful baby Trav'!)
- Player Discussion: Evander Kane
- Just had Cream Cheese on a Bagel
- Injury Report: Canucks Injury Thread - Dec. 5: Burrows out 4 weeks, Edler out indefinitely