News & Features
Luca Sbisa, Nino Niederreiter, Sven Baertschi, Mirco Mueller. Since 2008, Switzerland has had more success in the first round of the NHL Draft than Slovakia or the Czech Republic, the two countries that hosted the annual Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament and two of the hockey nations generally regarded as being stronger than Switzerland. If this trend continues, the Swiss may well surpass those two nations.
Canada's relative woes in recent international tournaments have largely been pegged to weaker than usual goaltending. But the tide may be turning for the Canadians, if the 2013 U18 WJC and Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament are any indication.
Team Canada forward Jayce Hawryluk may not have produced a great deal of offense at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament, but he picked the right game to get himself on the scoresheet.
If good things can come in smaller packages, then Victoria Royals defenseman Joe Hicketts is the very embodiment of this adage. The 5'8”, 174-pound defenseman turned in a solid rookie season with the Royals, and has gotten his 2013-14 season and NHL Draft year off to a good start as a member of Canada's Ivan Hlinka squad.
Top Prospects: Leagues
- 2. Scott Oke
- 2. Adam Johnson
Top Prospects: Countries
- James Neal kneeing Brad Marchand in the head (GIF on Post #1)
- Does this loss justify the Fire Maclean team??
- Useless Thread MIX: In this thread we appreciate Ceremony and everything he does
- The Out of Town Thread LXXIII - All News & Talk from Around the League
- OT: Looking for advice for an upcoming trip to Toronto
- GDT: 3I | "The Lemon Tree" | Shelbyville @ Springfield | 12.07.13 | 8:00PM | Rexall | CBC