News & Features
2014 is shaping up to be a good draft year for current collegians. There are a number of excellent players, particularly on defense, that could be selected at this year’s NHL Draft. Hockey’s Future takes a closer look at five of those draft prospects from the NCAA, all of whom appear on Central Scouting’s midterm rankings. Unless otherwise noted, all stats are current as of January 31st.
In 1996, JP Parise, father of Minnesota Wild forward Zach Parise, was approached to take over a fledgling hockey program for a small but well known boarding school in Faribault, Minnesota. Since then, the program has gone on to win multiple national championships at all levels of minor hockey while attracting the services of young talented stars like Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, and Nathan MacKinnon.
If Kitchener Rangers fans want to thank anyone for the presence of 20-goal-man Darby Llewellyn on their favourite team’s roster, they can simply turn to Darby’s older brother, Tristin.
Top Prospects: Leagues
- 1. Nick Wolff
- 2. Colin White
Top Prospects: Countries
- 2. Tomas Havlin
- 2. Gilles Senn
- Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Carolina signs Elias Lindholm to two-year extension [2.7M AAV]
- Where does Hall rank in the NHL?
- Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) 2015 offseason IX
- Confirmed with Link: Canes extend Lindy for two years, 2.5M and 2.9M
- Question from a Flames fan
- Confirmed with Link: Lindholm Agrees on Two-Year Extension