News & Features
The USHL has been churning out top flight NCAA talent for over a decade now and has become more and more important in the eyes of the NHL scouting community. Known primarily as the top league for the development of future NCAA players, an increasing number of USHL grads have seen their path lead to the NHL.
The 2014 NHL Draft figures to be an interesting one when it comes to players being selected out of Finland. The general consensus on the draft as a whole is that the talent pool drops off significantly after the first handful of prospects with the next group all very similar with little separating them. The same can be said of the prospects coming out of Finland this year.
After a banner year in 2013 at the NHL Draft, the QMJHL appears to have settled back to more familiar levels when it comes to the draft class of 2014. While there may be no Nathan MacKinnon or Jonathan Drouin to highlight the list of eligible players this year, it is another Halifax Moosehead, Nikolaj Ehlers, who appears set to be the first QMJHL player to hear his name called on Friday night in Philadelphia.
Top Prospects: Leagues
- 1. Nick Wolff
Top Prospects: Countries
- 2. Tomas Havlin
- HarborCenter OHL Showcase - Sept 1-3 - HarborCenter - Buffalo, NY.
- Nathan MacKinnon vs. Nico Hischier
- Dreger: Senators plan to keep Phaneuf
- What # Dman is Brian Campbell right now?
- Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason part VII
- News Around the League: Offseason 2017 - Where's My Money???!!