News & Features
Being good at one sport is difficult enough, but excelling at two sports while maintaining a solid academic record is a feat rarely achieved by younger athletes. But that is what Phillips Exeter Academy star Brian Hart accomplished during the 2011-12 school year, which has the Cumberland, Maine native looking at a very bright future.
If there is a true “wild card” prospect for the forthcoming 2012 NHL Draft, that player would have to be center Alex Galchenyuk of the OHL's Sarnia Sting. Galchenyuk has been been rated anywhere from first overall to the mid-teen's by various scouting services, so it is anyone's guess right now where the talented forward will land in the pecking order.
Last week, the National Hockey League engaged in its annual ritual of interviewing, testing, and examining the top players eligible for the 2012 Entry Draft. The 105 prospects that attended the Combine were poked, prodded and questioned, as well as given psychological tests. The difference this year is that there were many more second-year eligible prospects in attendance, and maybe more importantly, many draft eligible prospects had endured injury shortened seasons, which resulted in different concerns on the part of the NHL teams.
Competing in the North American Hockey League may not necessarily be the best career move for a player with aspirations of eventually playing the pro game at the highest level. But 2012 prospect Anthony Stolarz took that route in the 2011-12 season, and so far it is working out better than he had hoped.
Top Prospects: Leagues
- 2. Scott Oke
- 2. Adam Johnson
Top Prospects: Countries
- GDT: Gm 31: BOS/PVD Bruins @ Calgary Flames | 12/10/13 | 930P ET | NESN, TSN |98.5 FM
- Confirmed with Link: James Neal Suspended 5 GAMES; Thornton Pending ( Mod Warning Post #300 )
- Why don't teams defend this classic WSH play?
- Jimmy Howard: The garbage man of the shootout strikes again.
- PGT: Game #31: Kings vs. Canadiens - 12/10/13 - Regulation Shutout Win! 6-0!
- GDT: #32| New York Islanders @ San Jose Sharks| December 10th | 10:30pm |