News & Features
Whether looking at the top 2014 prospects from North America or Europe, NHL bloodlines run strong among several of those high-end players available for this year's NHL Draft. It is especially strong in the European contingent as the top two Euro prospects according to NHL Central Scouting – Kasperi Kapanen and William Nylander – both have fathers that turned in lengthy and successful careers in hockey's top league.
There is varied opinions as to which player is the top prospect for the 2014 NHL Draft. Some NHL scouts feel that Barrie Colts defenseman Aaron Ekblad is the top player by a tiny margin, while the independent scouting service ISS Hockey ranked Kootenay Ice center Sam Reinhart as their top prospect. But NHL Central Scouting hasn't wavered in their belief that Kingston Frontenacs center Sam Bennett is the best of this year's crop.
With a father that is a four-time Stanley Cup winner, Barrie Colts left wing Brendan Lemieux certainly has a tough act to follow as he pursues his NHL dream. Lemieux's first step towards filling those big skates comes at the end of June when his name is likely to be called at the 2014 NHL Draft.
Top Prospects: Leagues
- 1. Nick Wolff
Top Prospects: Countries
- 2. Tomas Havlin
- $3 tickets in Florida
- Peak: Datsyuk vs. Bure vs. Fedorov. vs. Sakic vs. Yzerman vs. Kane vs. Thornton
- A question regarding Lehner *Mr questions here... But i like ur team/city*
- Injury Report: Vol. 4 (Updates in 1st Post) | Murray Probable Starter @ Sens; Rust 'Close' to Return
- Confirmed with Link: Board Announcement - Trolling Other Team Boards
- Who wins a best of 7 between Ottawa and Toronto?