The 2008-09 season was a frustrating one for the Tampa Bay Lightning. They finished with a league-worst 24 wins and managed only 66 total points. The team was particularly weak in their own end, as they allowed an average of 32 shots per game and finished the season with a 3.28 goals against average.
On the outside of the AHL playoff picture as of mid-January, things do not look like they will get any easier for the Syracuse Crunch, the AHL affiliate of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Thanks in large part to Steven Stamkos' broken leg, among other injuries, a number of Crunch players have been summoned for short term replacement.
Armed with one of the top prospect pools in all of the NHL, the Tampa Bay Lightning are starting to reap the rewards of good drafting, particularly in the mid-rounds. In the past few years they have added high-ceiling players like Jonathan Drouin and Andrey Vasilevskiy in the first round, whom have been complemented nicely with former mid-round selections like Ondrej Palat, Radko Gudas, and Alex Killorn.
- Sergi Bobrovski - Top Cop
- Can Crosby outscore McDavid anymore?
- Red Wings/Avalanche brawl is 20 years old
- GDT: #75| Nashville Predators @ New York Islanders | March 27th | 7:00 PM | F/TBD
- GDT: #76 | Senators at FLYERS | Tuesday, March 28, 2017 | 7:00 pm ET | TCN-PH, RDS2, TSN5
- GDT: Game 75: Arizona Clayton Kellers Vs. St. Louis Non-Kellers - 5 PM - FSAZ