Last week, the National Hockey League engaged in its annual ritual of interviewing, testing, and examining the top players eligible for the 2012 Entry Draft. The 105 prospects that attended the Combine were poked, prodded and questioned, as well as given psychological tests. The difference this year is that there were many more second-year eligible prospects in attendance, and maybe more importantly, many draft eligible prospects had endured injury shortened seasons, which resulted in different concerns on the part of the NHL teams.
Last year, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins effectively ended the OHL's dominance atop the NHL Draft when he was selected first overall by the Edmonton Oilers. This year, the Oilers may start a new streak by calling an OHL player's name with the first pick for the fifth time in six years.
- 10/26/2016 09:35 PM - Washington Capitals at Edmonton Oilers
- 10/26/2016 07:05 PM - Montreal Canadiens at New York Islanders
- My List
- 10/26/2016 07:05 PM - Chicago Cubs at Cleveland Indians - World Series - Game 2
- All encompassing Babcock thread
- Pre-Game Talk: 10/26 8:00 PM - GAME #7 - BRUINS at New York Rangers