The 2012-13 season has been a roller coaster ride for the Edmonton Oilers’ minor league affiliate, the Oklahoma City Barons. The lockout at the beginning of the season brought them a host of talent with the likes of Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, to name a few. However, once the lockout ended, the Oilers quickly found themselves in injury trouble and the AHL’s Oklahoma City Barons were not only without the benefit of some added offense, but missing some of their key centermen as well. Despite this, the Barons have managed to soldier on and are currently vying for a playoff spot in the Western Conference of the AHL.
The expectations have been building for the Edmonton Oilers, and the time has come to deliver. After half a decade at or near the bottom of the NHL standings, the club now has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to young talent. This is true not only of graduated, full-time NHL players but also of the team’s prospects.
- Confirmed with Link: Flames re-sign David Rittich and Jon Gillies to 1-year, 2-way deals
- 2017 Entry Draft ranking
- 2017-18 Wild Season Thread (Draft Review, Trade Block, News, Prospect Rankings)
- Value of: Mika Zibanejad [NYR] - Arbitration Scheduled Tues 7/25
- Do you think management resigns Boro
- Prospect Info: 2017 HF Devils Top 20 Prospect Rankings: #10