Now that the 2014-15 AHL regular season is in full-swing, it’s a good time to check in on how those in the league’s Eastern Conference are responding to fast/slow starts. Solid goaltending is more prevalent in this month’s update than in November’s Notebook, but there was also some serious offensive numbers being put up by some talented defensemen. Read more»
The Boston Bruins strength at the NHL level has always been down the middle and that is no different in their prospect system. The Bruins helped filled out some issues on the wing during the 2014 NHL Draft this past summer with first round pick David Pastrnak, but still remain thin along the boards.
The Boston Bruins have turned to some of their young guns like Reilly Smith, Dougie Hamilton, Torey Krug and others to jump into the lineup and produce right away. With the Bruins’ current cap troubles, there is a good chance that top prospects like David Pastrnak, Ryan Spooner, and Alexander Khokhlachev will be to do the same.
The Boston Bruins 2013-14 season did not end the way the Bruins hoped and were exposed by a very skilled and quick Montreal Canadiens team. There will be changes this offseason and that could start right at the NHL Draft. The Bruins will likely be active on the trade market, and could dangle some of their top prospects as trade bait.
- Roll Call: Pens in DC-Anybody Going to Game 2?
- Who is going to watch the draft lottery and/or draft
- JT Brown does bad things to a Washington Caps fan in Battlefield 1
- Presale for Expansion Draft/Awards is underway.
- Most Underrated/Overrated 2017 Draft Prospects
- Fan-led charge trying to get leauge, teams to have sexual assault/violence policies