The Edmonton Oilers currently have an interesting mix of collegiate and European prospects in their development pipeline, ranging from college superstars like defenseman Joey LaLeggia to a pair of fringe players across the pond that appear to be one foot out of the door in Antti Tyrvainen and Daniil Zharkov. Other prospects of note include John McCarron, who is wrapping up his four years at Cornell University, as well as Tyler Vesel, who made a splash in his freshman season with University of Nebraska-Omaha.
In this edition of the Edmonton Oilers Top 20, both Martin Marincin and Oscar Klefbom have graduated from the rankings, both surpassing the NHL game maximum to still be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future’s standards. Darnell Nurse continues to hold down top spot as he dominates his junior competition with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the OHL, and 2014 third-overall draft selection Leon Draisaitl follows closely behind him.
Drafted first overall by Metallurg Novokuznetsk in the 2011 KHL junior draft, forward Anton Slepyshev has established himself this season as one of the top Russian-trained skaters eligible for the 2012 NHL Draft.
- Prospect Info: ANnual HFDevils Prospect Rankings #18
- Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Luke Schenn - 2 years, $1.25m per
- Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Luke Schenn (2 years, $1.25M AAV)
- Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospect 2016 - Wrap Up
- WWE: HFWF does THE DRAFT: 2nd overall pick (SMACKDOWN)
- Friedman: Arbitration Walk-Away Threshold