When the Columbus Blue Jackets took their best shot at the Pittsburgh Penguins this postseason, their roster was littered with home-grown players like Boone Jenner and Ryan Murray. While the recently graduated prospects were getting a chance to take on one of the NHL's best teams, there were a handful of players making statements in their own respective league's playoffs.
The Columbus Blue Jackets had some high-end talent playing in Europe this season, with first-round picks Alexander Wennberg and Marko Dano playing in European men's leagues. The organization has also used mid and late round draft picks to select players that are developing in some of the nation's top collegiate programs.
The Columbus Blue Jackets spent four of their six selections in the 2009 NHL Draft stocking up defenders. Of those defensemen, top pick John Moore (NYR) and third round selection David Savard are both in the NHL, while Thomas Larkin and Anton Blomqvist, as expected, are going to need a bit more time to develop.
- 9-27-16 8 PM World Cup Final - Game 1 - FINAL SCORE - CBC, SN, ESPN, TVA
- Which prospect would you rather now and in the future?
- Speculation: Alex Tanguay - Any word?
- Best win that *DIDN'T* involve your NFL team/College you have felt as a football fan?
- HF Partner: Top Ranked Prospects
- HF Partner Meet a New Canuck: Philip Larsen