The 2014-15 SHL regular season has concluded and, as is usually the case, the cream floated to the top once the final siren rang.
Leksand and Modo were the teams at the bottom of the totem pole, so both will face-off with no less than four teams from the Allsvenskan to try to stick in the SHL. It is widely felt that Leksand, a team that came on strong at the end of the season, thanks in good part to the strong contributions of 22-year-old undrafted defenseman Linus Hultstrom (10-23-33 in 48 games), will have little problem dominating this relegation round. But Modo’s squad will have its work cut out for it, despite having added Donald Brashear and then Marcel Hossa after losing William Nylander to Toronto Marlies. Read more»
The 2014-15 SHL season has made it through the holiday season and is heading down the final stretch, as roughly 75 percent of the games have been played to date. This is the time of the year when many clubs exchange a few parts, bring up juniors to fill in for injuries, and in some cases, watch as their young men represent Sweden at the WJC. Read more»
Things were certainly looking up in Vancouver during the 2008-09 campaign, especially considering the note they ended the 2007-08 season with. After failing to make the playoffs, the Canucks bounced back to secure the third seed in the Western Conference.
- Prospect Info: ANnual HFDevils Prospect Rankings #18
- Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Luke Schenn - 2 years, $1.25m per
- Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Luke Schenn (2 years, $1.25M AAV)
- Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospect 2016 - Wrap Up
- WWE: HFWF does THE DRAFT: 2nd overall pick (SMACKDOWN)
- Friedman: Arbitration Walk-Away Threshold