The 2011 NHL Draft was the unveiling of the Winnipeg Jets 2.0. After yet another of many subpar seasons in Atlanta, the Jets were awarded with the 7th overall pick.
The Thrashers did trade away their second round pick as well as Ivan Vishnevskiy to the Chicago Blackhawks for Andrew Ladd. The Blackhawks used the pick to select Adam Clendening.
The Winnipeg Jets had many of their prospects in the AHL with the Manitoba Moose during the 2015-16 season. As a result, that team struggled, but several players made great strides toward a potential promotion to the NHL. The team also had several players – but especially the electrifying Nikolaj Ehlers – get quality minutes in the NHL. Though growing pains are part of the Jets’ approach to team-building right now, the prospect pool is also full of top performers in their own age groups.
Making the playoffs last season for the first time since 2006-07 — when the franchise played in Atlanta and was known as the Thrashers — the Winnipeg Jets appear to have things heading in the right direction: with several young prospects working their way into roles in the NHL lineup.
- Japanese Ice Hockey Prodigy Aito Iguchi
- 10/02/2016 01:00 PM - Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots
- 10/02/2016 01:00 PM - Cleveland Browns at Washington Redskins
- 10/02/2016 09:30 AM - Indianapolis Colts vs Jacksonville Jaguars - London
- The 2016-17 Ultimate Pool Preview is officially out!
- Expansion question