The 2008-09 NHL season ended with the Ottawa Senators missing the playoffs for the first time since 1996. The team was in decline, but the 2009 NHL Draft proved to be a fruitful one in what became a relatively quick and successful rebuild. General manager Bryan Murray's staff made quality selections, covering each positional area of the ice.
The future of the Ottawa Senators looks bright. The Senators are considered to have one of the better pools of young talent in the NHL and, while some top draftees have recently cemented themselves on the Ottawa roster, most notably Erik Karlsson and Jared Cowen, there are many prospects on the verge of becoming solid NHL contributors in the near future. The club has quality and various skill-sets in all positions and has worked to draft where they previously had weak depth.
- Confirmed with Link: Flames re-sign David Rittich and Jon Gillies to 1-year, 2-way deals
- 2017 Entry Draft ranking
- 2017-18 Wild Season Thread (Draft Review, Trade Block, News, Prospect Rankings)
- Value of: Mika Zibanejad [NYR] - Arbitration Scheduled Tues 7/25
- Do you think management resigns Boro
- Prospect Info: 2017 HF Devils Top 20 Prospect Rankings: #10