As teams enter the stretch run of the 2015-16 AHL season, points in the standings are at a premium. A good run of wins can help solidify a playoff position while an untimely losing skid can push a team out of postseason contention. The intensity is ramped up in the final eight weeks of the season, meaning every game, period and shift matters. Read more»
The New York Rangers have had a regular, steady graduation of excellent prospects to the NHL over the last five to seven years, which has accounted in part for the competitiveness of the team. When combined with free-agent pickups who are in or just past their prime, the prospects have helped make the team a Stanley Cup contender for the last several years. The goal of every organization is to win a Cup, and every player on the team has a window of opportunity to do so. Certainly, star goaltender Henrik Lundqvist is within his window, and the Rangers have surrounded him with the players to win either this season or in the next two or three. Read more»
- RUMOR: Red Sox have made trade/received a waiver claim (rosenthal thinks outfielder)
- OT: Sens Lounge XCVI: "HIPA's Gonna Pop" Edition
- Golden Knights Facing Disaster With Cox/AT&T Sportsnet negotiations
- Poll: Will Dadanov get 50+ points this season?
- Future: Sebastian Aho vs Jesse Puljujarvi
- Sabres to offer $89 monthly pass