With opening night having come to pass, the Washington Captials can count two major prospects in the professional level now. Heavily-touted prospects Andre Burakovsky and Evgeny Kuznetsov played for the Capitals on opening night of the 2014-15 season against the Montreal Canadiens, with Burakovsky picking up the Capitals first goal of the season.
The Washington Capitals have stockpiled a top-heavy group of prospects featuring forwards such as Evgeny Kuznetsov, Tom Wilson, and Chandler Stephenson. On the blue line and in net, the cupboard is a bit drier, but there still are some promising young players like Philipp Grubauer and Madison Bowey.
The Hershey Bears, the AHL affiliate of the Washington Capitals, did not get as much help as many AHL teams did with the lockout. The team has struggled at times offensively, but has stayed in contention because of the play of goaltender Braden Holtby. With the NHL lockout over, Holtby was recalled to the big club, paving the way for Philipp Grubauer to lead the Bears in net.
- How likely is the departure of Dinamo Rīga from KHL in the next few years?
- Proposal: Trouba for Hanifin
- NFL Preseason: Cincinnati Bengals @ Jacksonville Jaguars | 8/28/16 | 8PM ET
- NFL Preseason: Arizona Cardinals @ Houston Texans | 8/28/16 | 4:25PM ET
- NFL Preseason: San Diego Chargers @ Minnesota Vikings | 8/28/16 | 1PM ET
- What if the Rangers Do Not Make Another Significant Preseason Trade