There are 11 "home grown" players currently on the New York Rangers' roster, including former first round selection Chris Kreider, who played with the AHL Connecticut Whale as recently as January. Of the Rangers prospects currently on the Connecticut Whale roster, there are two former first round picks (Dylan McIlrath and J.T. Miller), one second round selection (Christian Thomas), and seven rookies overall.
The San Jose Sharks have improved the team's organizational depth with the addition of their 2012 NHL Draft selections, but it could take four to five years to see the results. Three of the team's six new draftees have high skill levels at this stage of their development and made this edition of the Sharks' Top 20 list. Newly-drafted Tomas Hertl has replaced Freddie Hamilton as the number one prospect in the San Jose Sharks organization.
The San Jose Sharks have seen some of their prospects demonstrate solid development over the 2011-12 season while others have been seemingly stuck in neutral. Benn Ferriero and Justin Braun have graduated since the last Top 20 list while others such as Taylor Doherty, Harri Sateri, Nick Petrecki, and Brandon Mashinter have seen their stock decline over the season. The organization signed several quality free agents this spring including Travis Oleksuk, Matt Tennyson, and Sebastien Stalberg.
- 2015 vs 2016 #23: Brock Boeser vs Henrik Borgstrom
- Prospect Info: Flames prospect rankings: #17
- Ate a taco bell triple double spicy crunchwrap supreme
- 07/27/2016 08:10 PM ET - Atlanta Braves at Minnesota Twins
- 07/27/2016 08:15 PM ET - Los Angeles Angels at Kansas City Royals
- Rank the top 15 forwards since 1990 based on peak and/or prime