The Chicago Blackhawks selected eight players at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, including four forwards, two defensemen, and two goaltenders. The club's top selection, Finnish forward Teuvo Teravainen, was the lone European prospect selected in this year's class while there were four Canadian Major Junior prospects and three NCAA-bound players drafted out of the Junior A and high school levels.
The 2011 NHL Draft was a banner year for the QMJHL, with five of their top players being selected in the first round and a total of 22 players hearing their name called over the course of the entire weekend. But unfortunately for the league, the draft class for 2012 doesn't appear to be as strong, with only one player considered to be a lock to be selected in the first round and not much in the way of depth behind him.
- 9-27-16 8 PM World Cup Final - Game 1 - FINAL SCORE - CBC, SN, ESPN, TVA
- Which prospect would you rather now and in the future?
- Speculation: Alex Tanguay - Any word?
- Best win that *DIDN'T* involve your NFL team/College you have felt as a football fan?
- HF Partner: Top Ranked Prospects
- HF Partner Meet a New Canuck: Philip Larsen