The Chicago Blackhawks selected eight players at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, including four forwards, two defensemen, and two goaltenders. The club's top selection, Finnish forward Teuvo Teravainen, was the lone European prospect selected in this year's class while there were four Canadian Major Junior prospects and three NCAA-bound players drafted out of the Junior A and high school levels.
The 2011 NHL Draft was a banner year for the QMJHL, with five of their top players being selected in the first round and a total of 22 players hearing their name called over the course of the entire weekend. But unfortunately for the league, the draft class for 2012 doesn't appear to be as strong, with only one player considered to be a lock to be selected in the first round and not much in the way of depth behind him.
- CHL ban to EU import goalies - was it worth?
- Tarasenko/Blues give fan a special birthday present
- NBC to use Dallas announcers for Sunday's B's/Stars game and that is OK
- GDT: #59| New York Islanders @ Detroit Red Wings | February 21st | 7:30 PM | F/TBD
- Guys - Beard Oil.... Do you use it?
- Proposal: Cgy-dal