With over 40 prospects currently in their system, and at least 10 picks in the first two rounds of the 2014 and 2015 NHL Drafts, the Buffalo Sabres are aggressively re-building. Two players graduate from the fall Top 20 rankings – former University of Maine standout Brian Flynn is now a fixture with the big club and winger Corey Tropp is now a Columbus Blue Jacket after being waived in November.
The Rochester Americans, the AHL affiliate of the Buffalo Sabres, made their return to the Spengler Cup this winter after placing third in 1996. However, the Amerks were outmatched in the prestigious tournament this time around, allowing 15 goals and losing all three of their games. Participating in the tournament meant taking a 12-day break from AHL play, but three extra games' worth of experience can be beneficial to a young team.
Currently amid a full-scale rebuild, the Buffalo Sabres have 43 prospects in their system, including seven first-round picks, giving them both quantity and quality at every position. The Sabres also have many prospects already contributing at the NHL level, including forwards Zemgus Girgensons, Mikhail Grigorenko, and Johan Larsson.
- 07/30/2016 11:30 PM ET - Leicester vs PSG at Carson, CA - ESPN
- 07/30/2016 10:05 PM ET - AC Milan vs Liverpool at Santa Clara, CA - ESPN
- 07/30/2016 05:05 PM ET - Bayern Munchen vs Inter Milan at Charlotte, NC - ESPN
- Hearthstone #5 - One Night in Karazhan
- 07/30/2016 03:05 PM ET - Chelsea vs Real Madrid at Ann Arbor, MI - ESPN
- Damn Daniel!