Teams define themselves by U.S. Thanksgiving, according to conventional wisdom. This rule of thumb could apply to players, as well. By late November, there are no more predictions or expectations. Prospects are what their performance says they are.
The Phoenix Coyotes made six selections at the 2013 NHL Draft, primarily improving the center depth in the pipeline while still adding depth to the strengths in goal and on defense. The Coyotes draft class does not feature a lot of size, but each of the players makes up for it by competing hard and being willing to throw their weight around anyway.
The Colorado Avalanche effectively eliminated any drama surrounding the first overall selection at the 2013 NHL Draft by spreading the word weeks in advance that they were leaning toward selecting a forward. True to their word, the Avalanche bypassed Portland Winterhawks defenseman Seth Jones in favor of the Halifax Mooseheads’ Nathan McKinnon. In fact, Jones dropped to fourth overall where he was picked up by the ecstatic Nashville Predators.
- 10/23/2016 04:05 PM - San Diego Chargers at Atlanta Falcons
- GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/22/16
- 10/23/2016 01:00 PM - Baltimore Ravens at New York Jets
- 10/23/2016 01:00 PM - Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans
- 10/23/2016 01:00 PM - Oakland Raiders at Jacksonville Jaguars
- 10/23/2016 01:00 PM - Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins