The Dallas Stars, amid management and coaching changes, have gathered quite an impressive herd of prospects in recent years. The aforementioned front office changes obviously have a trickle-down effect with regard to the on-ice product and as a result, many of these terrific prospects have gotten at least a taste of NHL action.
The Dallas Stars, now under the new management of long time Red Wings assistant General Manager Jim Nill, continue to augment their stellar prospect group. Adding blue-chip prospect Valeri Nichushkin really helps to push the Stars further into the elite category among league-wide cupboards.
Upheaval was required after the Dallas Stars failed to clinch a playoff berth for the fifth consecutive season. General Manager Joe Nieuwendyk fell on the sword despite a plethora of in-season moves that unloaded roster players. Long-time Red Wings Assistant GM Jim Nill came in and dispatched Head Coach Glen Gulutzan as well.
Despite a bit of flux in recent years from ownership on down, the Dallas Stars have made it a point to restock their organizational depth with quality prospects. They continually bolster one of the better prospect stables in the league and have a great mix of talent and player types that can fill virtually any role that opens up in the organization in the near future.
- How likely is the departure of Dinamo Rīga from KHL in the next few years?
- Proposal: Trouba for Hanifin
- NFL Preseason: Cincinnati Bengals @ Jacksonville Jaguars | 8/28/16 | 8PM ET
- NFL Preseason: Arizona Cardinals @ Houston Texans | 8/28/16 | 4:25PM ET
- NFL Preseason: San Diego Chargers @ Minnesota Vikings | 8/28/16 | 1PM ET
- What if the Rangers Do Not Make Another Significant Preseason Trade