The 2011 NHL Draft was the unveiling of the Winnipeg Jets 2.0. After yet another of many subpar seasons in Atlanta, the Jets were awarded with the 7th overall pick.
The Thrashers did trade away their second round pick as well as Ivan Vishnevskiy to the Chicago Blackhawks for Andrew Ladd. The Blackhawks used the pick to select Adam Clendening.
After re-locating from Atlanta to Winnipeg prior to the 2010-11 and hiring a general manager with roots in western Canada, it is not surprising that the Winnipeg Jets have focused much more of their energy on procuring talent from both the WHL and those players in western Canada and Minnesota bound for college hockey careers.
Though most of the Jets’ top-end prospects played elsewhere in 2013-14, two names highlight the Jets’ stable of collegiate talent.
- GDT: #76| New York Islanders @ Philadelphia Flyers | March 30th | 7:00 PM | F/TBD
- Coaches and or GMs that will be sacked once the season ends
- Point vs Larkin
- Kane/Toews vs Ovechkin/Backstrom
- Backstrom may finish 2nd or 3rd in points and once again will probably get no awards
- Will Connor Hellebuyck become an elite NHL goalie?