Deciding when it is time to turn pro is tough on every prospect. For collegiate and European players, the choice is even harder. If a college player turns pro, they end their eligibility and leave college life. For Europeans, the stakes are often higher; leaving home to come to North America and adapt to not just a different style of hockey, but a different life altogether. Read more»
With the NCAA hockey season winding down and the CHL playoffs now underway, the NHL prospect and free agent signing season is now in full swing. Several players have come to terms over the past week, with those signings being covered in a pair of articles split between the NHL’s Eastern and Western Conference clubs. Read more»
The Carolina Hurricanes prospects list might look thin, but given the young talent already in the NHL it is easy to understand why. Five players drafted by the team since 2010 are already full-time Hurricanes or on the cusp of making the leap. That includes ahead-of the-curve Victor Rask, who climbs a few spots into the top three but will also soon graduate as a prospect. Read more»
- CHL ban to EU import goalies - was it worth?
- Tarasenko/Blues give fan a special birthday present
- NBC to use Dallas announcers for Sunday's B's/Stars game and that is OK
- GDT: #59| New York Islanders @ Detroit Red Wings | February 21st | 7:30 PM | F/TBD
- Guys - Beard Oil.... Do you use it?
- Proposal: Cgy-dal