Tampa Bay Lightning GM Steve Yzerman has done his due diligence through the NHL Draft over the past few years. Many of his first round picks, players such as Brett Connolly, Andrey Vasilevskiy, and Jonathan Drouin, all figure to be big components to the Lightning's success in the future. But it is his later-round picks and shrewd free agent signings that could make a more immediate impact for Tampa Bay.
With the compliance buyout of long time captain Vincent Lecavalier this off-season, the Tampa Bay Lightning seemed to send a message to everyone that the rebuild was in full swing. The Lightning went into training camp with around five to six spots up for grabs for young players, and many on the Top-20 came away with spots for the opening night roster.
The 2012-13 season saw many of the Tampa Bay Lightning's top prospects work their way onto the NHL roster. Radko Gudas and Alex Killorn both saw substantial time and made significant contributions with the big club while Tyler Johnson, Richard Panik, Ondrej Palat, and Mark Barberio also made their NHL debuts at various points throughout the lockout shortened season.
- How likely is the departure of Dinamo Rīga from KHL in the next few years?
- Proposal: Trouba for Hanifin
- NFL Preseason: Cincinnati Bengals @ Jacksonville Jaguars | 8/28/16 | 8PM ET
- NFL Preseason: Arizona Cardinals @ Houston Texans | 8/28/16 | 4:25PM ET
- NFL Preseason: San Diego Chargers @ Minnesota Vikings | 8/28/16 | 1PM ET
- What if the Rangers Do Not Make Another Significant Preseason Trade