Tampa Bay Lightning GM Steve Yzerman has done his due diligence through the NHL Draft over the past few years. Many of his first round picks, players such as Brett Connolly, Andrey Vasilevskiy, and Jonathan Drouin, all figure to be big components to the Lightning's success in the future. But it is his later-round picks and shrewd free agent signings that could make a more immediate impact for Tampa Bay.
With the compliance buyout of long time captain Vincent Lecavalier this off-season, the Tampa Bay Lightning seemed to send a message to everyone that the rebuild was in full swing. The Lightning went into training camp with around five to six spots up for grabs for young players, and many on the Top-20 came away with spots for the opening night roster.
The 2012-13 season saw many of the Tampa Bay Lightning's top prospects work their way onto the NHL roster. Radko Gudas and Alex Killorn both saw substantial time and made significant contributions with the big club while Tyler Johnson, Richard Panik, Ondrej Palat, and Mark Barberio also made their NHL debuts at various points throughout the lockout shortened season.
- Player Discussion Ranking our Defensemen (In Terms of Value) #2
- PGDT-Poll: #26| St. Louis Blues @ New York Islanders | Players of the game poll | F/TBD
- 12/08/2016 08:35 PM - Nashville Predators at Dallas Stars
- Should the Leafs have taken Laine 1OA?
- Proposal: Montreal - Toronto
- 12/08/2016 08:05 PM - New York Rangers at Winnipeg Jets