The Los Angeles Kings have an older group of prospects, most of whom have progressed into the AHL. For that reason, the Monarchs have been a force this season. The squad clinched the Atlantic division and the top seed in the Eastern Conference. They now move into the Eastern Conference Finals of the Calder Cup playoffs in an effort to erase last year’s disappointing first round bow-out.
The Manchester Monarchs and Hershey Bears have already clinched berths in the 2015 Calder Cup Playoffs and the Northeast Division-leading Syracuse Crunch is closing in on clinching a spot as well. But the fourth through eighth place teams in the AHL‘s Eastern Conference are separated by three points, with the Springfield Falcons four points out of the playoffs heading into the final three weeks of the season. Read more»
There are less than 25 games remaining in the 2014-15 AHL regular season for all Eastern Conference teams, with the division-leading Syracuse Crunch, Manchester Monarchs and Hershey Bears holding the top three records in not only the conference, but in the entire AHL. This month, a look at the Northeast Division race and breaking down the two hottest teams in the league, who both happen to play in the East Division. Read more»
- HarborCenter OHL Showcase - Sept 1-3 - HarborCenter - Buffalo, NY.
- Nathan MacKinnon vs. Nico Hischier
- Dreger: Senators plan to keep Phaneuf
- What # Dman is Brian Campbell right now?
- Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason part VII
- News Around the League: Offseason 2017 - Where's My Money???!!