During Ottawa’s rollercoaster 2009-10 season, GM Brian Murray made a number of trades, starting with the blockbuster deal that sent miscreant Dany Heatley to the San Jose Sharks. As a result, the team entered the 2010 NHL Entry Draft with just five selections. Despite that, the Senators left Los Angeles with a late-round gem who would eventually break the team’s rookie scoring record. Read more»
The future of the Ottawa Senators looks bright. The Senators are considered to have one of the better pools of young talent in the NHL and, while some top draftees have recently cemented themselves on the Ottawa roster, most notably Erik Karlsson and Jared Cowen, there are many prospects on the verge of becoming solid NHL contributors in the near future. The club has quality and various skill-sets in all positions and has worked to draft where they previously had weak depth.
- RUMOR: Red Sox have made trade/received a waiver claim (rosenthal thinks outfielder)
- OT: Sens Lounge XCVI: "HIPA's Gonna Pop" Edition
- Golden Knights Facing Disaster With Cox/AT&T Sportsnet negotiations
- Poll: Will Dadanov get 50+ points this season?
- Future: Sebastian Aho vs Jesse Puljujarvi
- Sabres to offer $89 monthly pass