The New York Islanders are starting to reap the rewards of high drafting and solid player development. After years of finishing at the bottom of the standings, the organization has developed a core of young talent who led them to the playoffs in 2013. More help is still on the way too, as the Islanders have quality prospects at every position.
The New York Islanders continue to reload and restock their deep and talented prospect pool year after year thanks to great work by Garth Snow and his team. Four selections from the 2013 NHL Draft have made the cut into the top 20 prospects list as big things are expected of these youngsters.
The New York Islanders have done a tremendous job of stockpiling a very deep and talented prospect pool. General Manager Garth Snow has learned to not rush his youngsters and to make sure they are one hundred percent ready before he calls upon them for full-time NHL duty. The next few years will be critical in the development of these young guns and will prove if they can play at the NHL level.
- RW Lenni Killinen - Blues U20, FIN JRs (2018 Draft)
- C Nicholas Wong - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2020 Draft)
- 10 years in is Kane more of a superstar than Sakic or Yzerman
- Max Pacioretty extension
- GDT: If you're bored : Kings Vs Canucks right now
- GDT: Kings vs Canucks GM 2 : 9.23.17 -Live from China NHL Network 12:30 am pst