The Anaheim Ducks were in a somewhat precarious position entering the 2010 NHL Draft. They had an extra first round pick thanks to the Chris Pronger trade, but had very little in the meaty middle rounds. With a history of doing poorly outside of the first three rounds of the draft, the organization had five players to pick in rounds 5-7. Read more»
Patrick Green/ Icon SMI)
After the USA convincingly defeated the home town Finnish team by a score of 5-0 in the preliminary round in Helsinki, the Finns managed to squeak out a hard-fought 3-2 victory in the quarterfinals of the World Championships, effectively ending what had been an outstanding tournament for Team USA.
The joy and relief felt in Helsinki was easily sensed everywhere, not the least of which amongst the players of Team Finland. The hero of the day was Islander prospect Jesse Joensuu who scored two goals including the game-winner, which came on a shot in the slot with only 9 seconds remaining in the game.
- Prospect Info: ANnual HFDevils Prospect Rankings #18
- Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Luke Schenn - 2 years, $1.25m per
- Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Luke Schenn (2 years, $1.25M AAV)
- Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospect 2016 - Wrap Up
- WWE: HFWF does THE DRAFT: 2nd overall pick (SMACKDOWN)
- Friedman: Arbitration Walk-Away Threshold