That isn’t an opinion, it is fact. And they have the numbers to back it up: the linemates combined for 129 points in just 18 OHL playoff games, and each player topped 100 points in the regular season. Read more»
The 2010-11 season produced a playoff berth for the Phoenix Coyotes, but one that ended poorly, in a sweep at the hands of the Detroit Red Wings. With that bitter defeat in mind, and having conceded 18 goals in those four games, toughness seemed to be the foremost goal at the draft table. The offensive flair the Coyotes have added in recent years is missing, but some of these players have indeed gone on to help the franchise’s cause.
Arizona Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney being fired is one of the strangest stories of the post-season so far. The former Winnipeg franchise better known in recent years for city council controversies than on-ice success drifted back toward soap opera just when it seemed the hockey part was improving. Whoever replaces the veteran manager this summer owes him a phone call of thanks for helping to establish one of the league’s best prospect groups. Holding their own first round pick in the 2016 Draft, plus the New York Rangers’, means the team can bolster a good group even further.
- Premier League Matches 15:00 Saturday, 26th August 2017 HUDDERSFIELD V SOUTHAMPTON
- Premier League Matches 15:00 Saturday, 26th August 2017 CRYSTAL PALACE V SWANSEA
- Was Trevor Linden Really Even Better Than Cliff Ronning?
- Premier League Matches 12:30 Saturday, 26th August 2017 BOURNEMOUTH V MAN CITY
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HockeyGoddess
- Datsyuk/Ovechkin vs Fedorov/Bure