His father Steve scored 421 goals in the NHL, so Christian Thomas has a long way to go to catch him in that category. But the longest journey begins with the first step, or, in this case, with the first NHL goal for the younger Thomas as the Montreal Canadiens forward netted his milestone marker in a 4-3 overtime loss to the Edmonton Oilers. Read more»
Despite graduating phenomenal young players like Alex Galchenyuk, Brendan Gallagher, and Michael Bournival, the Montreal Canadiens prospect pool continues to look strong. While restocking, the Canadiens have also managed to diversify their prospect pool, developing players of many different styles and capabilities at all positions.
The Montreal Canadiens spent the 2013 off-season addressing various holes in their organizational depth chart and now have good balance throughout their system. Montreal's management philosophy is to give their prospects every opportunity to seize a spot on the NHL roster. The organization is not afraid to put rookies into regular season NHL games for evaluation purposes and the approach has worked very well so far.
- Prospect Info: Flames prospect rankings: #16
- Why are there no women in the NHL?
- Friendliest/Unfriendliest Arenas to watch an Away team @
- OT: An NFL Team Is a Bad Deal for the Las Vegas Strip
- Player Discussion Ryan Nugent-Hopkins '16-17 and Beyond
- Speculation: More Players who need to be protected in an expansion draft.