Once the Buffalo Sabres are done collecting their puzzle pieces, it will be a matter of figuring out how they will all fit together. The Sabres have the cornerstones in place with Sam Reinhart at center and Rasmus Ristolainen on defense, but the short-term focus is to make sure that every prospect in the organization takes a step forward.
General manager Tim Murray was all business at his first NHL Draft, wasting little time making his picks. The Buffalo Sabres are quite deep at every position, but since the focus was on defensemen last year with Rasmus Ristolainen and Nikita Zadorov, the attention shifted toward forwards this year. The Sabres used seven of their nine draft picks on forwards, including four in the first two rounds.
- Why do players get so much flak for not having a Cup on their resume?
- Value of: Evander Kane To Vancouver
- 54th Obsequious Banter Thread - Studio 54 Edition
- 07/26/2016 08:10 PM ET - New York Yankees at Houston Astros
- 07/26/2016 07:10 PM ET - Chicago Cubs at Chicago White Sox
- 07/26/2016 07:10 PM ET - Washington Nationals at Cleveland Indians