The recent promotion of Mark Hillier to Director of Amateur Scouting from Head Amateur Scout seems like a small change in terms of title. Under Marcel Comeau’s direction since 2003, the Atlanta Thrashers amassed a mixed record – as all teams do. Since relocation however, the team had begun to separate from the pack. How much is due to Hillier’s input versus Comeau or others is unclear, but the Winnipeg Jets now find themselves with one of the deepest collections of young talent in the NHL.
The 16 schools that make up the field for the 2015 NCAA Hockey Tournament have been chosen, with the regionals that makeup the tournament getting underway beginning today. Two of those regionals, the Northeast and West, go off today and were previewed by Hockey’s Future yesterday. The East and Midwest regionals begin tomorrow, and are previewed below. Read more»
The Winnipeg Jets broke the mold this month, making the team’s first major trade in their short history – a massive seven-player deal that saw franchise top-five picks Evander Kane and Zach Bogosian head to the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for Tyler Myers, Drew Stafford, prospects Joel Armia and Brendan Lemieux, and a first-round pick in the 2015 NHL Draft.
- 9-27-16 8 PM World Cup Final - Game 1 - FINAL SCORE - CBC, SN, ESPN, TVA
- Which prospect would you rather now and in the future?
- Speculation: Alex Tanguay - Any word?
- Best win that *DIDN'T* involve your NFL team/College you have felt as a football fan?
- HF Partner: Top Ranked Prospects
- HF Partner Meet a New Canuck: Philip Larsen