The Buffalo Sabres' AHL affiliate, the Rochester Americans, are one of the biggest beneficiaries of the NHL lockout. Though Cody Hodgson, Marcus Foligno, Brayden McNabb, and T.J. Brennan have, for the most part, been pillars for head coach Ron Rolston, the Amerks are currently sitting just out of playoff position. Hurting the Amerks is overall consistency and a lack of quality depth up front.
The Buffalo Sabres have traditionally taken the long and steady approach to developing their projects, giving their prospects as much time as needed to develop into an NHL player. That patience has paid off, with many players drafted in the past five years making contributions at the NHL level last year, and are ready to this year, if or when the NHL lockout ends. Corey Tropp, Luke Adam, Brayden McNabb, Marcus Foligno, and a few others are among those who have proven that they can play in the NHL.
- Confirmed with Link: Leafs Qualify Sparks/Hyman/Brown | Bibeau/Griffith Not
- Tickets for visiting fans?
- Site Issues -- Please Read
- Confirmed with Link: QOs for Tierney, Sorensen and Goodrow
- Nylanders next contract
- Speculation: Armchair GM Thread: The other one was locked and LazarBeams asked for a new one so I