Despite the return of their top scorers, an influx of new talent, and the continuing development of their top players, the Rochester Americans are having a disappointing season. After making the AHL playoffs in three consecutive years, the Amerks sit last in the North Division and 14th in the Western Conference. The team has just two wins in their past 10 games.
Once the Buffalo Sabres are done collecting their puzzle pieces, it will be a matter of figuring out how they will all fit together. The Sabres have the cornerstones in place with Sam Reinhart at center and Rasmus Ristolainen on defense, but the short-term focus is to make sure that every prospect in the organization takes a step forward.
The Rochester Americans, the AHL affiliate of the Buffalo Sabres, made their return to the Spengler Cup this winter after placing third in 1996. However, the Amerks were outmatched in the prestigious tournament this time around, allowing 15 goals and losing all three of their games. Participating in the tournament meant taking a 12-day break from AHL play, but three extra games' worth of experience can be beneficial to a young team.
- GDT: #76| New York Islanders @ Philadelphia Flyers | March 30th | 7:00 PM | F/TBD
- Coaches and or GMs that will be sacked once the season ends
- Point vs Larkin
- Kane/Toews vs Ovechkin/Backstrom
- Backstrom may finish 2nd or 3rd in points and once again will probably get no awards
- Will Connor Hellebuyck become an elite NHL goalie?