Many of the Philadelphia Flyers prospects who performed well this past season came from the most recent draft class. There was Ivan Provorov, expected to be the team’s top defensive prospect, and Travis Konency, who proved his first-round selection was a good decision by the Flyers.
There were several other players who had good seasons, including goaltender Merrick Madsen and little-known sixth-round pick Cooper Marody. While it was a successful year for many of Philadelphia’s prospects, some of them struggled.
The 2011 NHL Draft was held in the Minnesota Wild’s own yard, which put a little bit of pressure on the scouts and managers not to fumble things. It remains to this day an open question whether Chuck Fletcher took that opportunity to put his mark on the Wild in a positive or negative way. His tenure as General Manager had already gotten off to a rocky start when he sent the Wild’s 2009 first-rounder Nick Leddy off to Chicago in exchange for Cam Barker, who put up five points in 52 games in the 2010-11 season for the Wild and was out of the NHL soon thereafter. Read more»
The early days of the Claude Julien era in Boston were highlighted by a wave of young players breaking into the lineup, a group headlined by the likes of Brad Marchand, Johnny Boychuk, David Krejci, Milan Lucic, and Adam McQuaid. The group was instrumental in the Bruins winning the 2011 Stanley Cup. Read more»
- How likely is the departure of Dinamo Rīga from KHL in the next few years?
- Proposal: Trouba for Hanifin
- NFL Preseason: Cincinnati Bengals @ Jacksonville Jaguars | 8/28/16 | 8PM ET
- NFL Preseason: Arizona Cardinals @ Houston Texans | 8/28/16 | 4:25PM ET
- NFL Preseason: San Diego Chargers @ Minnesota Vikings | 8/28/16 | 1PM ET
- What if the Rangers Do Not Make Another Significant Preseason Trade