Kristian Huselius Nabs Rookie of the Month
Highly touted Calder Candidate Kristian Huselius wraps up an exciting month of October by being named the Rookie of the Month. In getting this award, Huselius beat out Mark Bell, and Atlanta’s Kovalchuk and Heatley, and Jeff Jillson
Huselius ranks fourth among NHL goal scorers (9), leads all rookies in goals (9), tied with Mark Bell for rookie points leader (11), tied with Kovalchuk with Power-play goals (3), tied with Jeff Jillson for Power Play Points (5), and leads rookies with Short Handed points (1 goal)
Huselius’s season started with scoring his first NHL goal against Philadelphia on a 2 on 1 effort, where he was able to beat Cechmanek with a shot that trickled over his right pad. The goal-scoring was absent for the next 4 games, as he was getting plenty of chances but was unable to put the puck in the net, most notably in a rematch against Philly on Oct 13th. In his 6th game vs Vancouver on Oct 16th, Huselius notched his 1st power-play goal of the season. But it wouldn’t be till after the Panthers Western road trip that Huselius finally caught on fire.
At home against Washington, Huselius notched his first multi-point game in the 4-3 OT loss against Washington, which also saw his first PP assist on a Bure crashing of the net goal. Against the Los Angeles Kings, Huselius scored his second PP goal on a blast from the left circle which beat Potvin left on the short side. Highlighting what is Huselius’s play-making ability less than 2 minutes later, he added an assist on the PP with a b Read more»
- How likely is the departure of Dinamo Rīga from KHL in the next few years?
- Proposal: Trouba for Hanifin
- NFL Preseason: Cincinnati Bengals @ Jacksonville Jaguars | 8/28/16 | 8PM ET
- NFL Preseason: Arizona Cardinals @ Houston Texans | 8/28/16 | 4:25PM ET
- NFL Preseason: San Diego Chargers @ Minnesota Vikings | 8/28/16 | 1PM ET
- What if the Rangers Do Not Make Another Significant Preseason Trade