Because the 2008 draft class produced so many big name stars, the other prospects that have yet to make the big show yet are often held to unrealistic standards, and written off as busts too soon. Zach Bogosian's future with the Jets/Thrashers franchise was in doubt at one point, and only in the 2011-12 season did he really show what the front office saw in him to take him third overall.
The Hershey Bears, the AHL affiliate of the Washington Capitals, did not get as much help as many AHL teams did with the lockout. The team has struggled at times offensively, but has stayed in contention because of the play of goaltender Braden Holtby. With the NHL lockout over, Holtby was recalled to the big club, paving the way for Philipp Grubauer to lead the Bears in net.
The Washington Capitals have done of lot of building from within over the last few years. As a result, the prospect depth has taken quite a hit. However, there was a bit of a rebuild after the 2012 NHL entry draft. While the Capitals organization has plenty of depth, the number of high end prospects is limited and many other prospects are long-term projects.
- OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: The Answer Was Vladimir Nabokov, Randy
- John Carlson vs Aaron Ekblad vs Rasmus Ristolainen (Top 31 D - FINAL POLL)
- Watching the 2016 draft lottery or playoff clinching game against Pittsburgh
- Brad Ausmus will not return to the Tigers in 2018
- WWE Prediction Thread 2017 2.0 -- NO MERCY IN OP
- Need a winger, help please