The Hershey Bears, the AHL affiliate of the Washington Capitals, did not get as much help as many AHL teams did with the lockout. The team has struggled at times offensively, but has stayed in contention because of the play of goaltender Braden Holtby. With the NHL lockout over, Holtby was recalled to the big club, paving the way for Philipp Grubauer to lead the Bears in net.
The Washington Capitals have done of lot of building from within over the last few years. As a result, the prospect depth has taken quite a hit. However, there was a bit of a rebuild after the 2012 NHL entry draft. While the Capitals organization has plenty of depth, the number of high end prospects is limited and many other prospects are long-term projects.
- NPPG: Preds vs Avs
- News Article: KPD: Sweeney may trade for a backup goalie before deadline
- 2017 NHL Draft: Grant McCagg's Top 10 (Updated on-the-fly, not intermittently)
- Greatest player born on January 1st
- Stalberg scolded by referee for arguing penalty
- Recalled/Assigned: Bracken Kearns called up, Shane Prince to the IR