Winning the Stanley Cup is a proud moment for an the entire organization from top to bottom, but while the players, coaching staff, and upper management get much of the publicized credit, scouting and development personnel rarely get their due praise.
Thanks to graduations and trades, Thomas Hickey was the only former first-round pick among the Los Angeles Kings’ prospects last season. Thin on high-profile selections, the Kings system was replete with well-rounded players seeking to strengthen their identity to carve niches at the next level. However, it was also brimming with character, industriousness, and a number of players who exceeded expectations. Shifting from high selections and home-run swings, the Kings have sought to invest later selections shrewdly as they have solidified their pro roster, which captured the Stanley Cup this past season.
- Why do players get so much flak for not having a Cup on their resume?
- Value of: Evander Kane To Vancouver
- 54th Obsequious Banter Thread - Studio 54 Edition
- 07/26/2016 08:10 PM ET - New York Yankees at Houston Astros
- 07/26/2016 07:10 PM ET - Chicago Cubs at Chicago White Sox
- 07/26/2016 07:10 PM ET - Washington Nationals at Cleveland Indians