Winning the Stanley Cup is a proud moment for an the entire organization from top to bottom, but while the players, coaching staff, and upper management get much of the publicized credit, scouting and development personnel rarely get their due praise.
Thanks to graduations and trades, Thomas Hickey was the only former first-round pick among the Los Angeles Kings’ prospects last season. Thin on high-profile selections, the Kings system was replete with well-rounded players seeking to strengthen their identity to carve niches at the next level. However, it was also brimming with character, industriousness, and a number of players who exceeded expectations. Shifting from high selections and home-run swings, the Kings have sought to invest later selections shrewdly as they have solidified their pro roster, which captured the Stanley Cup this past season.
- Patrick Kane for MVP...why not?
- Worst city for UFA/Waiving no trade
- Pre-Game Talk: GAME #74 | LEAFS @ SABRES | HNIC, SAT MAR. 25, 7:00pm ET | KEYBANK CENTER
- Sens will play two games against the Avs in Stockholm Sweden next season.
- Which player production/stats have surprised you when you noticed this season?
- Teemu's 2017 7-round mock draft