The return of Jordan Staal—and his new job centering brother Eric—has the Carolina Hurricanes off to a strong start in 2015. Unfortunately, the 2014 part of their schedule was not so kind. Despite a 6-2-1 record in January’s first nine games, the Hurricanes still reside near the bottom of the NHL standings, 20 points out of a playoff spot that has long been too far in the distance.
The 2014 NHL preseason is now in the books with the 30 NHL clubs now focusing on the start of the 2014-15 regular season that begins on Wednesday night. The final weekend of preseason action provided a few notable NHL prospect performances, but the real test for these young players begins in two days. Read more»
The Carolina Hurricanes have one bold, italicized line on their to-do list for the 2014-15: return to the postseason. That is not very different from what the team’s goal has been for much of the past five seasons, but this year has a different feel with new men in charge as general manager Ron Francis and head coach Bill Peters now run things in the front office and on the ice, respectively.
- HarborCenter OHL Showcase - Sept 1-3 - HarborCenter - Buffalo, NY.
- Nathan MacKinnon vs. Nico Hischier
- Dreger: Senators plan to keep Phaneuf
- What # Dman is Brian Campbell right now?
- Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason part VII
- News Around the League: Offseason 2017 - Where's My Money???!!