The 2012-13 NHL lockout has had a major impact on many of the young players with the Carolina Hurricanes. Ryan Murphy, the club's top prospect, would have gone into the season hoping to make a good enough impression at the Carolina Hurricanes training camp to perhaps lock down a spot with the big club. The NHL lockout however prevented those hopes from even getting off the ground and the gifted young defenseman was forced to return to junior.
The Hurricanes were arguably the NHL’s busiest team the past six months, adding Jordan Staal and Alexander Semin to their top six while committing more than $150 million in guaranteed money to both their new acquisitions and their core players.
The focus is clearly on winning — and winning now. Carolina traded one of their top prospects in defenseman Brian Dumoulin to Pittsburgh to land Staal, and the one-year deal for Semin shows that Carolina’s braintrust is willing to take a risk.
- Premier League Matches 15:00 Saturday, 26th August 2017 HUDDERSFIELD V SOUTHAMPTON
- Premier League Matches 15:00 Saturday, 26th August 2017 CRYSTAL PALACE V SWANSEA
- Was Trevor Linden Really Even Better Than Cliff Ronning?
- Premier League Matches 12:30 Saturday, 26th August 2017 BOURNEMOUTH V MAN CITY
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HockeyGoddess
- Datsyuk/Ovechkin vs Fedorov/Bure